A quick plug to interested Drama/Theatre teachers across Australia and beyond, for the 2009 Drama Australia Conference to be held at The University of Melbourne, 26-28 November
The last time Drama Victoria hosted our national Drama conference was in 2001, so it will once again be several years before Melburnians can be a part of such a great professional learning opportunity.
Added bonuses of a national Drama teachers’ conference include:
- more academic papers
- top quality keynote speakers
- workshop presenters from interstate
- enhanced evening events (theatre shows etc)
- additional university lecturer presentations and papers from various states of Australia
- the chance to mingle with colleagues teaching a different Drama/Theatre curriculum to your own
- great trade displays offering everything from stage lighting to masks and make-up
We have presenters coming from all corners of the country and New Zealand, as well. It is not too late to register for a full or part registration of this three-day event.
The conference keynote speakers all have a theatre/performance background and are employing it in their current work. They will be speaking on a variety of topics including indigenous Australian drama, sustainable theatre on and off the stage, and the role of drama in Australian youth and their views on the future. There will also be one keynote address that will be part performance-based.
- Michael Kantor: former Artistic Director of Malthouse Theatre
- Stefo Nantsous: founder Zeal Theatre
- Dr Helen Cahill: Deputy Director of the Youth Research Centre, University of Melbourne
- Dr Maryrose Casey: Lecturer, Monash University
Academic program overview and registration details.
President, Drama Victoria.