Recently, I posted news that 6 of Broadway’s top 10 grossing shows posted weekly ticket sales of over $1 million at the box office.
Impressive as it was, last week’s figures beat even that (see below)!
The week ending 2 August saw all of Broadway’s 10 highest grossing shows post sales of over $1 million. In fact, the top 11 shows were over a million dollars each.
Staggering figures in these difficult economic times…….
Broadway Grosses: W/E 2nd August 2009
- Wicked $1,627,239
- The Lion King $1,467,230
- Billy Elliot: The Musical $1,420,249
- West Side Story $1,298,546
- Jersey Boys 1,150,344
- The Little Mermaid $1,139,162
- Hair $1,102,148
- Mamma Mia $1,079,916
- Mary Poppins $1,017,352
- Shrek The Musical $1,008,541
- (The Phantom of the Opera $1,002,059)