Solo Performance Podcast
Well, this is my first attempt at podcasting! I’ve developed a 16 minute podcast for students and teachers on how to create a solo performance in a high school Drama or Theatre class.
I have created this for use with my current Year 10 Drama students, as part of my Master of Education project at the University of Melbourne. I am examining whether various new and emerging online technologies can benefit our Drama students? So here it is to share.
This podcast covers:
- how to create a solo performance
- various construction techniques used to aid character development
- are multiple characters acceptable in a solo performance?
- to whom do I perform to?
- what are imagined characters?
- the necessary ingredients of a solo performance plot
- the open ended solo performance
- the historical solo performance
- the structured solo performance
Now be easy on me! It’s just a start. I’ve gottta crawl with this podcasting thing before I can run with it. I do hope it will benefit you and your students. I’d love to hear your feedback. Post a comment below.