20 Reasons Why I Love Teaching Drama
- It is my passion
- I like the energy it provides
- I love seeing the smiles on my students’ faces
- There is never a dull moment in my day
- I can be a big kid in the classroom (and get away with it)
- It is rewarding in so many ways
- I love seeing shy students gain confidence
- It is challenging – there is never a ‘right’ answer to our problem-solving
- There are no desks in neat little rows
- My dad jokes are always welcome (… mostly)
- It breaks down some of the traditional teacher-student barriers
- It keeps me in touch with my emotions
- Positivity is everywhere you look
- It brings happiness to myself and my students
- Students deeply respect the art form
- It fosters imagination and creativity
- The innocence in childhood ‘play’ is revered
- It is collaborative by nature
- Bravery is rewarded
- It is fun!
I want to be a drama teacher when I grow up! It sounds really really fun!!
Drama teaching is the best job in the world, Emma! It’s fun, alright!
Great post Justin!
What did you think of the 2017 Drama Written Examination?
I liked it Mary. Thought it was a good paper. I’ll write a post about what I thought of the exam, today.
THANKS IT HELP ME A LOT