The Drama Teacher is a blog created and maintained by Justin Cash and is packed with resources for drama and theatre teachers at all levels of education.
Its home is Melbourne, Australia, but most of the information on this website will be relevant to you no matter where you teach drama as the basics of our profession are common to us all, regardless of geography or curriculum.
Here you’ll find posts that are reflective, academic and personal. If you love teaching drama, then make The Drama Teacher your home away from home. You can read about the joys and frustrations of teaching the best subject in the world and share stories with others by commenting on posts on this blog.
Whether you’re a graduate drama teacher, a highly experienced educator or someone in-between, we never stop learning. On this site you’ll find:
- definitions to dozens of theatrical genres and styles from farce to naturalism and everything in-between
- drama and theatre lesson plan ideas for the classroom
- industry news from Broadway, West End theatre and Australia
- casual musings about the joys and frustrations of teaching Drama
- additional resources such as Theatresports™ games, the elements of drama and stagecraft ideas
- links to great theatre websites from across the globe
You are encouraged to add your comments to this blog, located at the bottom of every post.
Justin Cash currently teaches most levels of Drama at a large secondary Catholic girls’ school in Melbourne. He is also a past president of Drama Victoria, the largest Drama teachers’ association in Australia.